B1 Series: Onshore or offshore production or injection for oil, gas, water, or chemicals
BST's advanced design and state of the art materials have created a new standard in adjustable choke performance. To extend trim life, the B1 series choke utilizes superhardened materials developed by the aerospace and nuclear industries. Unique, spring loaded Teflon packing creates a bubble tight seal at the stem to ensure long life and easy hand operation. Used extensively on numerous offshore platforms in the environmentally sensitive Santa Barbara Channel and in the North Sea, BST makes the B1 choke rugged but simple for your safety, economy, and ease of operation.
• Easy to read indicator ring, calibrated in 64ths of an inch for accurate control.
• Easily tuned for precise adjustment.
• Can be locked in the adjusted position.
• Spring loaded Teflon packing and Viton or Aflas (optional) O-rings.
• All internal control surfaces are constructed of 17-4 PH stainless steel.
• Easily readjusted, even at high working pressure differentials.
• Easy, safe access to internal parts without removing the body from the line.
• Available in a wide variety of end connections (buttweld, socketweld, threaded NPT/LP, API 6B or ANSI B16.5 flanges) and sizes (1", 2", 3").
• Standard trim sizes are ¼", ½", ¾", and 1", standard material is 17-4 PH stainless steel (tungsten carbide optional).
• Standard 4130 alloy steel body and bonnet rated to 5,000 psi working pressure.
• Angle body (left, above) or through body (right, above) are standard styles.
• Higher pressure ratings and corrosion resistant alloys optional.
• Electric actuators available - contact BST Engineering.
• Contact BST Engineering for standard centerline to flange face dimensions.
• Designed and manufactured in compliance with API Spec 6A.
• Suitable for NACE MR-01-75 applications.
• Standard temperature range (with Viton O-rings): -20°F to +400°F (to 500°F with Aflas O-rings and pressure derating per ANSI B16.5).
• B1HTG high temperature/steam version also available.
To calculate liquid flow through a B1 choke, click here.
To calculate gas flow through a B1 choke, click here.
For B1 trim resizing and repair parts, click here.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to comment about this web site.